I had planned to get a nice "thankful" blog posted but time flew by working long hours in the short week and then the weekend was gone with visiting friends from out of town...and hey - it's a week later! Whew!
We went to Ron's sister's this year in Cranberry and I was asked to bring sweet potatoes. I have NEVER made them before so I quickly asked mom for help! (thanks mom!) I did get this recipe - after finding one online - from a coworker and they turned out great. I didn't taste them before hand - not what i want to eat at 9:30am! - but everyone (that ate them) loved 'em! Stacey and Linda took some to keep. So...here they are. They don't look that great and I know it won't pass Jen's "health" test! :)
Here's the recipe (since I was told it had to be included...):
Sweet Potato Casserole
Mixture:
3 c sweet potatoes cooked and mashed (or 2 large cans)
1 c sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 c butter melted
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
Mix the above ingredients and pour into greased cake pan. (I used a 9x13 glass cake dish)
Topping:
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c flour
2 1/2 Tsp butter melted
1 c chopped nuts (optional) - I didn't use
Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the mixture. Bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes.
I had to keep adding flour because the topping was VERY moist and was not going to SPRINKLE well at all.
ENJOY! :)
Also - the Friday before Thanksgiving we had dinner at work (for lunch) - it was VERY nice. Dawn (owner) got the turkey and stuffing and we each brought something in. It was REALLY nice when someone suggested we say a prayer - so we all gathered around and prayed before we ate. It was really cool! However, I learned if you volunteer that...YOU say the prayer. hehe But it was also a Reverend's wife...hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment