Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My great deal!!

So...right after work I braved the outlets to get Ron's Christmas presents and such to finish things up. I went to several stores and a friend of mine from work (who is working at the Kitchen Collection during the Christmas shopping season) told me that Kirkland's had ALL Christmas stuff on sale. She had this ADORABLE singing and dancing dog that I thought of getting for the kids but they were gone (Julie's probably happy! :)) but as I wondered around the store I found some GREAT deals!

We didn't have a "good" angel or tree topper so I found a perfect sized angel (really an ornament) for $1.50 (originally $5) and the Nativity set pictured below. It was originially $17, marked down to $11.99 and it rang up for $7!!!! I was so excited! It has the nice wood "platform" (which has a scratch on it but not a concern...can paint it or something to cover it up) and each piece (except baby Jesus) has a verse from the Christmas story on the robes. It's SO pretty and I was SO excited to find it! I saw a different set that was marked down from $50 to about $25 but that was too much for me.


Everything I got today was on sale...and at an even lower price once rang up. I paid full price for ONE thing and well...it won't go on sale until it's about 5 years old maybe. :) (Ron's gift, can't say!) But I was happy with all my deals tonight.

At the Kitchen Collection my friend gave me her discount too!!!!! It only saved me about $7-10 but still! :)

Maybe I'll start shopping the day before Christmas Eve every year...for all these deals! Wow! (just kidding...that'd be too stressful and raise my anxiety level too high and ruin my "Christmas spirit")!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

phew... we already have an "adorable" singing snowman that the kids press the button over and over and over and over.... (especially Caleb)