Saturday, March 12, 2011

Randoms...

So - made  some more Comfy Cozy Baby items...but again...it was a gift so no income there.  This is a coworker that was in the billng office with me.  His wife is having their first baby...her due date is next week.  He sent me a msg yesterday saying she LOVED it.  So I was pretty happy!


Still working on a name for my trifle business....
Tossing the idea of selling Pampered Chef...Ron works weekends and evenings...I  make my own schedule...not bad extra income...

I am making pillows for our living room...LONG overdue...I'll post pictures once those are done...I am tossing the idea of adding those to the sewing business....

A friend from college asked if I made baby legs...of course I didn't know what that was...so I want to find a pattern for that too...and for those that don't know...they are leg warmers for babies!

Trying to come up with EASY rather cheap-to-make- things that I could sell too...

I am also doing a basket party from Scentsy....if anyone wants candle warmers or scents...let me know!  I'm closing this on 3/25.

Looking forward to mom's craft show!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess I already mentioned Pampered Chef....BUT it does make you money. A friend told me they did 1 show a week and averaged $100/show...that's nice "extra" money!!!!!

Julie said...

the fabric for that gift is very sweet.
so are you going to the craft fair too adn selling blankets?

i just went to a scentsy show in dec. - we were able to get a nice gift for Keri for christmas ;).

as for being a seller of some product, pick one you really believe it is worth spending the money on. I often have a hard time hosting parties b/c many are just luxury items and I hate asking people to buy things that aren't needs - for my own selfish gain, ya know? just thoughts :)

Julie said...

oh - and I wouldn't use baby warmers.... it seems unnecessary - perhaps a fun decorative clothing item for a first baby but not something i'd want to bother with myself... it's kinda going out of season too. ~ that's my other 2 cents ;)... love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the input Jul! :)

That's how I see Scentsy...gifts for people and maybe get something small for yourself if that's something you enjoy! Which is also why I decided to lean toward Pampered Chef...I make money, get discounts, its practical b/c its very useful in the house daily, parties are fun b/c they can me for a wedding or just b/c and do book shows if you want.

The Baby Legs thing seems odd...but if people will buy them...but I have more research to do with them. I wouldn't bother with them either...in fact I think they're kinda dumb...but our family is practical and well...those don't seem to fall into that category. But, like you said, maybe first baby...just for something cute...?? The website I looked at said something about making diaper changes easier. The last I checked, diaper changes aren't always the cleanest....and its easier to wipe off skin then cloth. Just seems like torture to the baby too!

Thanks again Jul!

Jen said...

I like the wrapped gift also. What is it lined with? It looks very cozy!

I'm very practical too, so I can't think of any of those party things that I would really get excited about...maybe Pampered Chef or the Tastefully Simple (because it's pretty inexpensive) but there's probably already a lot of reps for both. Another one is Rada since I'm so practical but wouldn't think it would be trendy enough to get a lot of business.

Dad said...

I like the trifle idea best. Lots would buy those i think.

Unknown said...

Today I decided that while yes, Ron works most evenings/weekends...I don't always know his schedule too far in advance...which would make booking parties difficult for a month in advance...for example, if I was doing it now, and someone wanted to book in April...I dont' know yet what he's working...and don't want to do a show when he's off...I take advantage of anytime I get with him!!

So...I think I'll be crafty for now and make my stuff...I did a little research online for cheaper fabric and consulting with a friend that does some sewing too...she's a stay-at-home mom of an almost 3yr old. I have my list of things "to make" but need to price out the cost of materials...and what I'd need to sell it at to make money...next step is a website...preferably free...

Mom taught me how to knit yesterday real quick...just a straight knit and pearl knit! :) SO easy...now...to get it down and make some nice things. Thank goodness my family likes homemade gifts! hehe

I truly do appreciate everyone's opinions.... :) now....to get the word out!


PS - my goal is to get a new sewing machine...not sure how much grandma's can handle...sometimes I think its awesome and works wonders and other days it won't do one thing I want. I know, Mom, that's any machine! :)

Unknown said...

oh and dad...YOU don't have to buy my trifles...just get the word out for me...and I'll pay ya for marketing with trifles! hehe :)