Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eureka!

I decided on a name today...while at work! :)

Tremendous Trifles for All-Occasions.  What ya'll think? 

Comfy Cozy Baby is expanding so either I need another line or another name for that line!

BUT - the kicker is getting this stuff to sell......a LOT!


I "ran" to Walmart real quick tonight looking for things (in Grove City) and came out with more washcloths for the burp cloths ($4 for 18-24!).  But I laughed as I was leaving b/c I grabbed those on my way back to the "craft" section and as I was looking at things 2 older ladies were walking past and asked what I was making with "all those worshcloths".  After that 10 min-ish convo I had another old lady ask me what I was making.  The second lady reminded me a lot of Great Grandma....however, we went from talking about knitting and making the tea towels that are crocheted on the top to her having 3 tumors in her stomach about 50 years ago...but it all made sense when she said they thought she was pregnant and having issues while it was just tumors...but they had her on bed rest and that's when she learned how to knit and crochet, etc.  I think I made her night though...seems she's a widow and lonely.  Very sweet little old lady!  Which, got me to thinking...I could make those towels...and crocheted washcloths..right?  OH - the first lady told me too she has a craft "store" in an antique shop in Emlenton.  But her and the lady she was with (her mother maybe) were just at the thrift store, bought a jacket for $2 just for the beads!!!!!  Now that's thrifty!  :)  She said the jacket was way too small for either of them but with how expensive beads are...plus apparently it has some really nice buttons on it too!  Again, I just laughed as I walked away.

I was blessed by all of them though! :)



PS - Mom - I didn't see any cat nip yet either...I'll wait a little bit....

2 comments:

Mom said...

That's a neat story. Did you get the name of the store?

I'm sure you brightened their day and yours also. :)

Unknown said...

No...its just off the I80 exit toward Emlenton...its actually the other small town right there. She said there's a really neat restaurant right up the road. She told me to take my mom. :) Wanna go sometime? I'll drive! :)

I felt really blessed after the conversations...and the one that reminded me of Great Grandma seemed really blessed by our conversation...she thanked me for my time. She was sweet! :)