Monday, March 21, 2011

Opinions???


Looking for opinions on the business card I made.  I wasn't sure what to write or if anything...looked kinda empty otherwise....


Here's the "updated" label for CCB:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

business cards, order forms, labels, and price lists are now complete...now...spread the word for me!

Next step...get some Comfy Cozy Baby stuff made...and look into free websites to advertise!

I have an album on Facebook for both - got great responses to the pictures but no orders...

Mom said...

I like the trifle card!
I'm the comfy baby one is good too but it doesn't show up on the blog. :(
It will take a while to get going. Word of mouth is the best I think. Gotta get some of your trifles out there. Do you have pictures?

Unknown said...

Ron links I need to change the.look of the words on CCB...so you can read it better...so I'll work on that.

I do have pictures....Ron suggested going to Walmart to print them out for better quality...I may order than if I cam find a deal somewhere. That way I have those and the business cards. :)

Thanks mom!! :)

Julie said...

hope you don't mind my input - but I sent you an e-mail :) It was way too long for a comment

Dad said...

I like the trifle card!

Good job!

Unknown said...

Thanks dad!

I had a friend from work over last night for dinner - wonderful time spent with her - and asked her input. She suggested making names for the trifles and under it what is in them...then have the lists as I do for what is available flavors, etc to make your own.

She also suggested offering to waive the security deposit IF they have their own trifle bowl and give it to me to use....that is a thought! But wondering too...would someone try to stick me with doing something to it...maybe take pictures of it and have them sign a waiver? I don't want to get too much into technicalities and take the fun out of it....working where I do you don't put anything past anyone...

Jen said...

I really like the trifle one. I like the idea of names too...make them indulgent and creative. I really doubt anyone would have you use their own trifle bowl. If they have one of their own, they would be making their own trifle likely.

My suggestion on the Comfy Cozy baby one is more "comfy cozy" like pastel colors and maybe a picture of a baby snuggled up in a blanket.

It's not very "comfy cozy"ish but how about making cloth diapers. I've seen these on the internet and if you made high quality ones I think you'd have a pocket of consumers willing to pay a good price for these. I know I would. You'd just have to figure out the secret of making them leakproof.

As you start selling, get testimonials and post feedback ratings...this goes a LONG way now with buying products. I always read ratings on things we buy before I decide (and on recipes I find on the internet before I try them).

Unknown said...

Jen I've wanted to make the diapers...but gotta figure out how and make it worth the cost, etc...I gotta look to see how much they sell for as it is and then price things out....and without a baby to do a test run with I'd be alittle nervous...so we'll see.

I read ratings/feedback too, especially on recipes b/c people always alter them so that gives me other ideas too.

I didn't think people would give me their trifle either but I think she was thinking in regards to herself...she has one but doesn't ever use it...
I thought of mini trifles - individual "cups" - but didn't know how to gadge how many I'd get and I don't want to end up doing like 100 at once or something crazy. i suppose I could limit it to like 20-30 or something and then if they need more offer a full size trifle too....thoughts on that?

thanks for all the input...now...off to alter things and make the named trifles! :)

Dad said...

I would say stick to the original trifle size and not offer anything in a smaller size. The smaller ones would involve way too much time and effort and would not be profitable.