Sunday, August 8, 2010
Give me Your eyes...
Pastor Nate had a wonderful message this morning. He spoke about seeing people in a different way and REALLY seeing them. Not just "oh there's Joe from accounting" when you go into work, or the waitress that took your order at dinner, or cashed you out at Walmart, or even the guy sitting beside you with all the tattoos. Pastor Nate talked about a guy that had "Don" tattooed on his arm. He finally asked him why he had a guy's name on his arm. He said he went on to tell him when he fought in the war he was dating a girl named "Dawn" and he went to get the tattoo and he passed out after "D" and when he woke up he had "Don" on his forearm. Pastor Nate asked why he didn't get it removed since it was a mix up and he said b/c it reminds him of where he's been and what he went through and now where he is. He said next time asked the cashier about the pictures of her kids she has behind the counter or the guy beside you about his tattoo. To end the message he played (one of dad's favorites) Brandon Heath's "Give me Your eyes" (see the video attached) and encouraged us to really SEE people this week in a different way. Don't just ask them "How are you?" Ask "what did you do exciting?" instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I guess I put the comment at the wrong place after going back and looking for it. Oh well, I am not the brightest bulb in the pack. he he he
So here is my second attempt:
We skyped with Jason and Kerby today. All is well.
Concerning the sermon today, it was excellent again. I was going to tell Paster Nathan about that song but he surprised me.
Also, It doesn't matter how many times I hear the song it convicts me and brings tears to my eyes knowing that I have probably let God down again somewhere along the line by not being bolder in my witnessing or missing something that he has put in front of me because I did not have his eyes at the time.
Thanks for sharing Joni! (Practicing already this week! he he he)
Hey I got both so it's ok! :)
Both weeks I have been very happy with how he's approached things. If and when Ron and I move, I'll be sad to leave now that we have the next chapter for CMA started!
There are several songs like that that bring tears to my eyes...always. I could listen to it about 50 times in a row and cry everytime! Like Sanctus Real's song...everytime I hear it on the radio I get tears.
I think often of my witnessing or sometimes lack thereof. But then I think of one time someone once said, being a Christian and sitting and talking to friends/coworkers at a bar makes them see that we, as Christians, do not see us higher and mightier than them. I think about that when I go out with the coworkers occasionally...I hope they see it that why as well.
I still need to get my rock from last week's "homework"!
I look forward to another challenge from Pastor Nate! :)
It's exciting to hear how your new pastor is spurring everyone on and bringing a sweet refreshment to the congregation! Can't wait to hear more :) I'm grateful both you and dad are sharing with us! love you!
Post a Comment