I listen to Air1 at work and in the car (my 2 mins up and down the hill) and their spotlight lately is on Matthew West and talk about him writing "My Own Little World". I have heard this song many many times and never listened to every word of it. I made myself a note today to look up the lyrics tonight and I'm one of those people that likes a song more once I know the words and meaning behind it, etc...I'm weird like that! haha
Anyway...one part says "Start breaking my heart for what breaks Yours, give me open hands and open doors,
put Your light in my eyes and let me see, that my own little world is not about me." Lately I have had the "more sensitive" heart toward things and look at the world in a whole different way and start to see things the way God would look at actions by others and not happy with words spoken....and make sure I am doing what is pleasing to Him. We don't always stray far from Him in our walk but it's songs like this that remind you to look at your life and actions differently and then you start to notice what didn't phase you in the past or offend you.
"What if there’s a bigger picture, what if I’m missing out? What if there’s a greater purpose I could be living right now?" We need to ask ourselves this more often than not.
Here's the video: Matthew West - My Own Little World - (from when he was on Air1 in fact!!)
1 comment:
I enjoy that song as well
Post a Comment