Friday, January 27, 2012

Some thoughts....

Been feeling like I should post something but nothing too exciting going on for us right now...just awaiting the arrival of our first baby in 10 weeks!!!  (AHH!) :)

I've been searching for MANY MANY ways to save money with our baby...especially with me not working.  We've been "criticized" for some decisions but I don't care b/c its something Ron and I both agreed to do and think is best for our baby - ranging from cloth diapers and wipes to a convertible carseat vs a carrier, etc.

I've been sewing since I was little with mom and grandma...and crocheting so all these homemade projects are exciting to me.  Mom's willing to help (at least I hope she really is....hehe) and I keep adding to the list (maybe I should start writing things down??).  Today I found some more things.

I'll post pictures of said projects AFTER they're done...hoping maybe to add these to my "business" and get that going....

If anyone (other than family that reads this??) that wants something made...let me know...I'll let ya know if I can attempt it or not! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I actually have a book for you that Kathy and I have read and used... called "Miserly Moms" - I thought you'd enjoy the simple ways to save money in it... simple is better and if they had those awesome diapers back when josiah was born? oh yeah. we would've definitely done them! those are incredible! It's a large upfront cost but supposed to be far cheaper in the end. Can't wait to give you my gift :) lv ya

Unknown said...

Cool! Yeah...I keep dreading the upfront cost but know it'll TOTALLY pay off in a matter of just WEEKS! You could've done what mom did...those never went away! hehe

A friend of our's is giving us 14 diapers for $75!! That's less than half what she spent!

I'm looking for mainly white ones too....so if we have a boy I can still use them! :)