Wednesday, September 15, 2010

KLOVE and sauce

So the Greenville radio station got bought out by KLOVE recently.  I heard about it and got excited!  As I was making sauce last night to can tonight, I was jamming to KLOVE while cutting, blending, sieving, and chopping.

Not many people can say or will even share what I'm about to tell ya'll...you may think I'm weird or whatever but hey...it's me! :)  haha

As I was preparing the veggies to cook all day today I was listening to different stories on the radio and all the wonderful songs playing and got tears in my eyes.  Not b/c of any story spoken but b/c of what I began to think about.  I have wonderful parents that are willing to grow tomatoes and garlic and offer them to me so I can can more than what I grew, a wonderful mom that has "extra" supplies that I can borrow to do my canning, taught me HOW to can, and shared her recipes with me.  I have a great sister-in-law who has a greenhouse and farm that is willing to give me peppers whenever I ask.  I was able to find more lids to can with last night b/c of a coworker suggesting I try a store in Grove City b/c no one thinks to go there (I didn't!) and was able to possibly stock up (I may hit up the store again just to have them next year!).  I thanked God for each person that had a part in me being able to do all the canning I am this year...and the excitement to do more than salsa!  I had tears in my eyes b/c God has blessed me with my family and all that He gave each of us in supplies and talents.  I prayed for each family member nonstop for about 4 hrs and several others in my life last night.  I sang my little heart out praising God the whole way through the cutting, blending, sieving, and chopping.  I ENJOYED EVERY SECOND of preparing the sauce last night.  The worries and stress of work and anything else just escaped me so I had that one-on-one time with God that I have missed and neglected at times.  I didn't realize how long I had been working on the veggies until I realized Ron was on his way home.  I didn't get tired or irritated with any of it.  I did feel the tiredness when I sat down....after 10pm!  And I was up at 6am.  I continued to thank God for all His has given Ron and I, even the smallest of things.  I am so thankful for the time with with my best friend! :)  I just kept thinking I didn't deserve any of this that I have been given.  I could just feel the wonderful presence of God around me in the kitchen last night.

I shared this with a friend of mine at work this morning and told her not many can/will say they had tears in their eyes while making sauce and it wasn't b/c of the onions!!!!  She gave me a hug and said "that's why I love you!"

I pray that each of you will have these moments with God...we need them!  Sometimes it's hard day to day b/c of work, kids, spouses, stress, finances, etc.  But I had a great day today b/c of that time last night.  I also had my headphones on at work and tuned out the whole office as I listened to KLOVE all day...and usually by the time I get home I'm exhausted...but I'm not too bad today! :)

May God bless you in a way you'd never imagine!!!!

6 comments:

Dad said...

Praise the Lord, glad you got all that done. Remember, Mom was making relish "Just" before going to the hospital to have you. he he he
So I guess canning is in your "blood"!

mom said...

That's why I enjoy the gardening and canning time of year. Working in my flowers (except when it's 100' and have to get it all done in a few hours) is my thinking/praying time like Dad's mowing. Just seeing the awesomeness of God in all his creation.- I also had on moody radio in the basement. The songs and programs are so good. I just heard about K love which we turned to on the way home today. I will have to check that out more. It sure does make the time go fast and puts a lift to your spirit.
So glad you had a great night pop.pop
and thanks for the kind words.

We love you
ah..want some more tomatoes ???? hehe

Unknown said...

I think of that, Dad, everytime I make salsa or eat mom's relish! hehe

I'd say canning is in my "blood"! :) And that's my frugality!!! hehehehe

Yeah, mom, people complain about weeding and things like that and I'm looking forward to it so I have that time to think/pray/praise God. Makes the job that much better and times sure does fly by!

and yes...send down the tomatoes! :) (ps - I hear pops!!! wahoo!)

Jen said...

What a wonderful testimony of the Lord making his presence known to you. I love when I have those "moments" !

Jen said...

Except when I read it at first I thought it said "klove" like "clove" and I wasn't sure what you were talking about - hehe

jltaylor215 said...

I have that same feeling when I'm in the kitchen, especially when I'm baking. It's like I get to let go of other stresses and let God get a word in edgewise.

I also like to tell people how food and its preparation has always been an integral part of relationships - I have my time in the kitchen with myself and God, and then have the time with my friends and family when I share the fruits of the labor.

And can I just say the post made me want a jar of Joni sauce? Do you sell? :)