Saturday, April 4, 2009

Comfy Cozy Baby...

Think that sounds like a good company name? I've been thinking (with Ron's encouragement) of making baby blankets and burp cloths to sell online. I don't want to get in over my head but think it will be fun and something to do when he's at work (which seems like a lot this month...). My last 2 friends that have had a baby I have made them a flannel blanket...and they both LOVED it. Not too heavy, not too thin and my last friend told me it was her son's FAVORITE blanket and would NOT sleep without it. (aww!) I will have to experiment with things and see what I can get material-wise. Joanne's has flannel on sale this week so I'm making a trip to Hermitage tomorrow and Walmart has a sale on possible burp cloth material (thanks mom!).

I think I'll start by advertising by word of mouth and on ebay and see how it goes...hopefully they will sell but not like crazy at least until I get a routine down!


So...that's about all that has been going on with us...Ron's still waiting to hear about the position - one spot was filled by a fellow coworker just last week...so please still be praying. His hours did get better but in April he only has Easter Sunday off (for Sundays) b/c it was requested (supposed to make it to Jason's...) :( so back to going to church without him. :(

Other than that...not much exciting. I've been working long hours and 4 days a week for about the past month or so...hopefully that'll change and I can get caught up again...and start training for my new position!

Once I get some blankets and burp cloths made...I'll post some pictures. Let me know what ya'll think about the possible name... :)

7 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like a neat idea. I like the name. Do you think that you would make enough to make a profit? Another thing you may be able to experiment with is making cloth diapers - I've seen some nice really cute ones online. It would be a unique thing that people wouldn't find in the stores - at least not Walmart, Target, etc where everyone likes to shop these days. Maybe you could keep expanding and get into baby clothes and everything!!!! Look for trendy patterns/prints too - people seem to like those...

Jen said...

Oh, and, Maybe you could team up with mom and sell some knitted crocheted pieces for baby too - I love the little crocheted baby stuff! Are you sorry that you asked?

Jen said...

Why aren't you going to visit Jason/Kerby?

Jen said...

If you haven't already, do a search on the internet to see what is out there. Another good idea is to offer to personallize them (monogram). Can mom do that on the sewing machine? I think people would be willing to pay a little more for that added touch, if you could offer it. Sounds exciting.

mom said...

That's a cute name. Yea, I have been searching online also. We just need to find that unique little something to offer.
I could add the booties but it wouldn't be very profitable when it takes 3 evenings to make a pair.
Have to do some trial/error practicing to come up with the easiest, but nicest product and not cost a lot to make.

Unknown said...

Jen...i see you kept having thoughts after hitting publish comment? haha

As much fun as that would be...I think mom has enough to do...especially with summer coming up to do gardening. :)

We'll see where this goes...I also decided on this so if it doesn't take off....I can give them as gifts! :) No waste there! haha

Magic Mike said...

If you want to really do this, I would make one and submit it to QVC (the shopping channel) to market for you. You can do it in person, and it is in PA close to Hershey so you could visit us during the trip as well. Here is the site ---

http://www.qvcproductsearch.com/become_a_qvc_vendor.htm