Ron's parents planted a bazillion potato plants this year apparently...and we have gotten SEVERAL bags of potatoes...whenever we ask, we get more. So...he was up this week to get his car ready for winter and he brought home more. Since it's cooler...I went with Jen's soup "theme" and made potatoe soup. I forgot to take a picture after I made it because I got up at 9:15 to make it Saturday for Ron's lunch (he left at 11). So here it is cold...in a bowl...but it was yummy!!!
Then...he needed dinner for tomorrow and I didn't know what to make...thinking of things that needed used...and we have tortilla shells in the fridge to use so I got out some "top sirloin" (not the best quality) from Angel Food Ministries that we got and made beef fajitas. I just started with alittle olive oil and Worchestshire sauce, heated that, added the meat (4 pieces). Then put salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili on for seaoning. I let it cook most the way then slice it. After I put the seasoning on I added peppers and onions (my OWN pepper) :). Boy was it delicious! I put that with alittle ranch dressing and ate it that way. Last time we had sour cream and salsa but I liked it better with the ranch.
Here's the beef fajitas:
Each meal probably cost me about $2-3 each.....
If you want more info about "recipes" for each, let me know.
Pst - I used mom's potato soup recipe. :)
3 comments:
You're supposed to post the recipes :) Have you been inspired or tried any of mine?
Looks like we have a new cook for Christmas dinner this year!
Post a Comment