Ron and I went camping a few weeks back (he had 4 days off in a row) and enjoyed the weekend together! It didn't start off too well (didn't get pictures of this) but luckily we were only in Clark because Ron locked his keys in the car RIGHT after we got there and got our site reserved...didn't even get the reserved paper on the post at our site. So, his dad took him back here (luckily I took my HOUSE key...) to get the spare set. In the meantime, I sat at the site with half the car unloaded and the ranger stopped (of course!)...but after that...things went well over all... Friday it stormed so we slept in his sister's camper (went over at 2am!) and Saturday was cold ("we don't need blankets, it's hot at night and the tent will be hot!" -Ron) so we covered with a sheet and table clothes...and at 1:30am woke up to coyotes howling (GREAT!). Saturday was his dad's reunion and then we had the Turcics and Gruvers down for "dinner." Sunday we left and met friends at the Lube and came home. Monday we enjoyed to ourselves here at home. (I'm too old to sleep on an air mattress anymore!)
Here are some reunion pictures from the Cosgrove, Harpst, and Leffler reunions this summer:
Leffler Reunion - 08/17/08
Here's our "little" garden that isn't so little...spacewise, yes....:
Look how BIG the tomato plants are!!! They're about 4-5 feet tall!!! I quit trying to get them upright and pulling weeds and they look GREAT! Can't wait for the first RED tomatoes!!
2 comments:
ok so who are the "young" ones in the Leffler reunion? couldn't recognize them... And your tomato plants look even higher than ours. I never remembered them getting this high before - I'm also glad to hear that someone else's aren't red yet either. we're still waiting. I htought maybe we'd have BLT's with Mom, Dad and Gma but not unless you want green ones! :) THanks for the updates!
Jenny and her husband Chris with their son Brooks - and Jenny is pregnant again. Carrie was there with Tim (husband) and son Connor but I don't think they're in the picture...but you see Chris and Jenny walking in the one.
Yeah...we're eager for the red tomatoes for BLTs... :) have fun with them!
Post a Comment