Saturday, July 10, 2010

Father's Day

We were able to spend Father's Day with Dad - a week early!  We took steaks up to their house to grill and kinda made it Mother's Day too since we didn't see mom then. :)  Mom made her potatoes she made when Jason and Kerby were here and we made some crescent rolls too.  It was a yummy dinner on their back porch!  Ron grilled the steaks and mom tended to the potatoes.  Oh and my spinach salad!
 
After dinner we sat and chatted and saw some birds - here's a picture of the one...
 
Dad's former student and basketball player, Colleen Walton, wrote a book about her Grandfather called "The Whistling Irishman, Danny Murtaugh Remembered."  Colleen was at the Gallery Grille while Mom and Dad were at Jen's one weekend so I "snuck" out to get her to sign it for dad.  She enjoyed seeing me and hearing about the family.  She said to say hello to everyone.  She had 2 of her girls with her so I asked to get a picture with them.  They were cute.  Aunt Katie was helping watch them and Grandma was there too. :) 
Happy Father's Day again Dad - thank you for everything and for being such a wonderful CHRISTIAN father!  We love you!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That's wonderful! very thoughtful too - I love hearing how you made fathers day special for dad. :) Thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm still VERY thankful we're so close and get those special times with Mom and Dad yearly! :)