Monday, June 22, 2009

Our growing garden....

Our little garden is growing like crazy! Some were cursing the TONS of rain we got last week but I was VERY THANKFUL for it because that meant no running up and down 50 million steps to water the garden. We have a few banana peppers, an itty-bity tomato, the gr onions have come up, a flower is ready to bloom...everything else looks wonderful! The tomato plants a lone are doing REALLY well. One thing of lettuce isn't doing so well...but the other is and the spinach is up as well. It's always so wonderful to see things grow from a seed....you see nothing while that is being fertilized under all the dirt and starts to sprout! Thank you Lord for the small area we do have to grow some veggies and watch how you take care of us down to the smallest things as a garden!

Here are the pictures I took last night after our wonderful day with mom, dad, g'ma, and Ron's parents! (I forgot to take pictures yesterday....oops!)


this was a tomato I planted last fall...this came up from the seeds...i'll be saving seeds this year I think....MAYBE...


Our first itty-bitty tomato!


Green Onions


All our tomato plants - we lost the one that was eaten early....


One kind of cucumbers doing well...the others didn't come up at all...


Green Peppers - nothing so far but grew!


Lettuce:


Lettuce:


Our first flower....


Banana Peppers...we got THREE!


The whole garden:


Spinach (on our back deck)

5 comments:

Dad said...

It looked good in person also. Again, THANKS for the excellent meal. You inherited the "good cook" from your Mom. The meal was very good and the time together was very nice!

Thanks again!

Unknown said...

aw - thanks dad!!! We enjoyed it and I'm glad dinner was good! :) I was afraid since I never used the setting on the oven like that...haha

Glad you guys opted to come down here...much more fun to be able to sit and relax and have a nice quiet house instead of noisy restaurant! :)

love you!!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

Yes, It's exciting to see the green sprout poke through the dirt. (Remember my M/D Banquet speech)God's working unseen.

I'm jealous. I only have pepper blossoms!!! I do have a tiny tomato though.:) ummmmm Can't wait.

Dinner was really good. Thanks for doing that. Dad enjoyed it.

Love you,

Anonymous said...

ok.... it's time for another update

Unknown said...

yeah - I need to take pictures....because NONE of it looks like that now.